Custom Tool Design
Autronic Plastics, Inc. is an experienced custom mold and tool maker with an on-site tool room helping to reduce overall lead times in the supply chain.
- API's ability to build and run hot runner systems, challenging multi-cam molds, multi-action molds, 2K over-molds, and 3-plate molds set us apart from other plastic injection molders
- Our expertise with MUD, Omni Mold, and Round Mate frames and inserts provide a high-quality process with a shortened overall lead time and allow you to bring your product to market quickly
- API's experienced molders use our state-of-the-art CNC 4 axis milling and lathe, precision EDM, high speed machining, hard milling, and IMMs to design plastic injection molds with quality and precision
- Autronic's dedicated plastic injection mold inspection and assembly area allows for uninterrupted plastic manufacturing during the injection mold design and plastic tool building process
- API designs quick-turn synthetic tooling, limited production aluminum tooling, and semi or fully hardened production tooling, depending on your annual production requirements
- Fully hardened production tools can be guaranteed up to 3 million cycles and have been known to last much longer!
- API stores, maintains, and repairs molds at our facility throughout the life of the mold.
Combining our various molding methods with fully automated, semi-automated, or manual assembly allows API to be a turn-key plastic manufacturer and a one-stop shop.
On-Site Tool Room
Autronic Plastics has an on-site fully equipped, high-efficiency tool room which helps to reduce transportation costs and lead times.
- API designs and builds plastic injection molds in the same facility that we manufacture plastic parts
- Experienced tool makers make complicated mold repairs quickly to minimize downtime in production
- FNX7.5 (5 seats)
- HAAS VM-3 Vertical Mold Making Machine
- HAAS VM-2 Vertical Mold Making Machine
- HAAS TL-1 Tool room Lathe – 15" x 36"
- Roku HC658 High Speed Graphite & Hard Milling Machine
- Makino EDNC43S Ram EDM w 32 Tool Changer
- Mitsubishi FA20V 5-Axis CNC Wire EDM
- Various hand mills and grinding machines
Whether you need a single cavity tool with cam action, a 2-shot mold for multiple resins, or a
high performance 64 cavity tool, API is experienced in building molds that suit our customer needs